The Archdiocese of Santa Fe observes 5 solemnities designated as Holy Days of Obligation with the obligation to participate in Mass:
- Christmas (December 25)
- Mary, Mother of the Lord (January 1)
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (August 15)
- All Saints (November 1)
- Immaculate Conception (December 8)
The Ascension of the Lord is observed on the Seventh Sunday of Easter in the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
The Committee on Divine Worship of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has provided the following guidelines for determining exceptions to the above observations:
- when January 1, August 15, or November 1 fall on a Saturday or a Monday, the obligation to participate in Mass is abrogated.
- when December 8 falls on a Saturday or a Monday, the obligation to participate in Mass remains because Mary, under the title of the Immaculate Conception, is the patroness of the United States.
- when December 8 falls on a Sunday of Advent, the observance is transferred to Monday, December 9, and there is no obligation to participate in
- December 25, The Nativity of the Lord, is always a holy day of obligation.